Replacement and installation of brick services in Bellwood, Illinois
Mark’s Tuckpointing knows brickwork. It is what we do day in and day out and have been doing for over 30 years! Living in Bellwood, Illinois we all know the elemental damage that can happen to our exterior brickwork around our homes. We live in an area where temperatures and moisture can destroy the bricks that make up our homes and our businesses. Nothing is immune whether it is a chimney, exterior bricks, mailboxes, outdoor firepits, they are all at the mercy of Bellwood’s frozen Winters and sometimes searing heat.
However, Mark’s Tuckpointing can help. Since we have specialized in brickwork for the past 30 years we can replace, and rebuild any structure that is impacted by these weather conditions. We take painstaking precision in order to make sure that any structure we build lasts as long as possible. When you choose Mark’s Tuckpointing you are choosing:
- Free Estimates for any project
- 4.6 Stars on Google
- 5 Star Reviews and Recommendations on Facebook
- Premier Service on Angie’s List
- A+ Rating from the BBB
When it comes to brickwork we are the experts in the Bellwood area. With 30 years under our belt we better be! Call us today or fill out the form to the right to get in touch with one of our best brickwork specialists today:
Process Brickwork Services in Bellwood is easy as 1-2-3
Brickwork Services Bellwood
What are some of the cool things you can do with brick? Well, living in Bellwood, Illinois you will see brick everywhere! Chimneys, fireplaces, and more! Here are just some of the reasons why bricks are awesome and we specialize in them:
Fireplaces – inside or outside you can build a beautiful fireplace out of brick. Most homes in Niles already have a brick fireplace that they use during the winter. This can lower your heating bills and let you enjoy a cozy night on the couch.
Lintels – Lintels are concrete beams that connect two columns together. Due to the age of the structures in Bellwood and Chicago, you will see Lintels all the time. However, making sure these structures are attractive and structurally sound is important. If you have a broken lintel call us today and we can help make sure that it does not crumble or deteriorate completely.
Replacement – Nothing lasts forever. Due to the age of the buildings, your bricks are going to start deteriorating and crumbling over time. However, we can help. Not only can we employ tuckpointing but we can also on the affected areas of your structure.
Chimneys – Along with fireplaces chimneys are generally made out of brick and can be exposed to not only the elements but also animals over time. Read more below about chimney services and chimney repair for your home.
In order to prevent your bricks from decaying, you want to prevent moisture. Anything you can do to prevent moisture from getting into your bricks will prevent the decay of the bricks. In Bellwood, this is tough because we seem to go from snow to rain, to warm rain, to cold rain, to snow. So what are some things that you can to try and prevent the breaking of your bricks? Here are some steps you can take:
- Use a Bretheable Sealant – One of the biggest problems is during construction or during repair work people or businesses don’t use the right type of sealant. It’s counterintuitive, but water will go in and out of bricks pores naturally. By putting on a sealant you will prevent that process trapping water into your brick which then will cause cracking and decay.
- Replace broken bricks – If a brick breaks or cracks replace the brick as soon as possible. This will prevent further water from going into the brick or behind it and prevent further decay.
- Tuckpointing – No it’s not a commercial for another service of ours, it is the truth. Good tuckpointing can really protect your bricking from decay and help the brick last longer.
- Improper Placement – When constructing your brick project putting lower grade bricks on the bottom will cause the, to crack under the pressure. This is another reason why trusting a local brickwork service in Bellwood, Illinois with your project will not only help construct the project but also can make your project last longer.
Local Brickwork Service Bellwood
When it comes to brickwork Mark’s has you covered. We are the number one local service in Bellwood, Illinois that can help you with any of your tuckpointing needs. However, Mark’s also specializes in many other exterior services in Bellwood as well. Take a look below at all of our exterior services that we can help out with living in Niles, Illinois today!