Enhance the look of your outdoor space by adding a new deck! For most homeowners a deck is what completes the homes outdoor look. Decks are functional and visually appealing. If you are looking for a professional to install a new deck, call Mark’s Tuckpointing. A deck installation is not usually a long process after everything is prepped and ready to go. Our professionals are experts in deck services and can help you get the look you have been waiting for. You can rely on us!
- Dependable Service
- Licensed & Insured
- Free Estimates
- Excellent Customer Service
- BBB A+ Ratings
Read below to learn more about decks and how they can benefit you as a homeowner today!
Benefits of Deck Installation
Homeowners in Northbrook, Illinois are proud of the hard work that they put into their backyards. They want to be able to show that hard work off to their friends and family. There is nothing better than relaxing on your deck and enjoying the hard work that was done. If you don’t have a deck and are thinking about getting one, there are many benefits. With a deck you will have a more functional space to use when family and friends come over. A deck is a great place to hang out, grill and spend time together. Some of the benefits are:
- Visual Appeal- Decks give your home a finished and polished look. A Northbrook homeowner deserves to walk out of their backdoor onto a beautiful finished deck. Designing it to match your home will make it visually appealing to all who come to your home.
- Entertainment- When the weather is nice out, everyone wants to spend time outside in Northbrook. If you have a deck then your friends are most likely to gather on it. Decks have lots of space and functionality to enjoy a number of different things.
- Investment- The amount of money you put into your new deck will be worth it! When it comes time to sell your home, buyers will love seeing the outdoor space.
Fill out our form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Types of Decks
When choosing the right material for your new deck, it is important to keep location in mind. If you have a lot of weather changes then you should lean towards a deck that is durable with low maintenance. At Mark’s Tuckpointing we have several different options you can choose from. We can help you choose the best one for your outdoor space. Below are a few common deck materials:
- Cedar- Cedar decks are beautiful with many natural tones. Cedar is a classic look and never goes out of style. Not only is this deck beautiful, but it is extremely durable and environmentally friendly as well.
- EverGrain- EverGrain looks similar to wood but is not real wood. This deck is long-lasting, easy to maintain and will not rot.
- Treated- Treated decks are extremely tough and durable. This deck will give you a traditional and more personalized look.
- Composite- Composite decks are a combination of wood and plastic. There are solid and hollow options for a composite deck. Hollow is more plastic looking and solid is more natural looking. These are a great option is you want minimal maintenance. These decks are easy to clean and the color never fades.
Things To Consider When Building A New Deck
It is important to go over all of your options when you are deciding on a specific deck for your home. When choosing a deck, there are actually a lot of things to consider. You need to choose the style, material and add-on features for your deck. Add-on features will make your deck fully functional for your outdoor space. it is important to keep in mind:
- Levels– If you want to add more space to your backyard, consider creating more levels on your deck. It can also help to break up long and steep stairs.
- Railings- Railings are a great add on for safety and can be visually appealing. If you want a more open view of your deck then consider not using railings at all.
- Materials– Choosing the right material for your deck is very important. If you want something that is easy to maintain or lasts for many years to come, do your research. You want to invest on a material that will last for you and your home and last in the weather conditions you live in.
- Color– When choosing a color for your deck, you don’t always have to choose wood brown. You can choose a nice stain that will compliment your home.