Tuckpointing Skokie, Illinois
If you’re thinking about getting your tuckpointing redone, Mark’s Tuckpointing can get you started! Our professionals are licensed and insured in Skokie, Illinois. With us you can always expect high quality service and utmost customer service. We enjoy building strong relationships with our customers and becoming a service they can trust use again for any other projects.
- Quality Products
- Fully Licensed
- Reasonable Prices
- Hundreds of Satisfied customers
Have you been noticing cracks in your mortar? Are the cracks starting to break off? The cracks are signs that you are in need of tuckpointing repair or replacement. It is important to get your tuckpointing taken care of before a more serious problem occurs, such as moisture getting in and causing it to deterioate. Calling a professional is the best idea because they have the skills, knowledge, and experience in tuckpointing. At Mark’s Tuckpointing we have over 29 years of experience in tuckpointing repair, installation, and replacement services in the Skokie area. We provide quality service and leave your home looking great.
Benefits of Tuckpointing in Skokie
Tuckpointing is one of those home services that no one knows or thinks about, however, living in Skokie, Illinois it is one of those home services we need! That is because of the crazy weather that Skokie has (often times in the same week!) that can wreak havoc on the masonry work of the outside of your home or building. Here are just a few ways that having awesome tuckpointing can help you:
- Weather Proofing: Every year during the fall in Skokie we see it, it will rain or snow and the next day freeze creating ice problems all over the city. However, this also damages concrete more often. Rain and water get into the cracks of your brick or concrete work, which then freezes which will contract the water. However when it unfreezes it will cause that frozen water to expand which will break and crack the concrete. Tuckpointing services will make sure that your brickwork is sealed on the sides, tops, and bottoms, preventing water from getting in. This prevents further cracks forming in the future.
- Curb Appeal: First improssions are very important when selling your home. Realtors will tell you that outside presentation of your home can raise the purchase value of your home. Tuckpointing will make your outside brickwork look amazing and give your home or building a better facade which will help sell your home or building faster and can fetch a higher price.
- Insulation Value: Your home could be losing valuable heat and air conditioning because of a bad tuckpointing job. Local tuckpointing services in Skokie, Illinois can help you insulate your home to retain those temperatures easier. This will actually cause your system to run less which saves you money over time.
- Structural Integrity: While tuckpointing isn’t going to make your house collapse, new tuckpointing will add structural integrity to your building. It will protect the brickwork from the added stress helping keep the bricks from being compacted.
Tuckpointing is really easy to understand, think of tuckpointing between your bricks, like the grout line in between your tiles. Your grout line protects your drywall from getting wet, gathering moisture, cracking, falling apart, and insulates the wall. That is all the benefits of your tuckpointing.
Common Tuckpointing Questions:
- Why do you need tuckpointing? If you repair your tuckpointing when it needs to be done you will save yourself a lot of money. If you wait until the masonry wall starts to deteriorate then it typically needs to be torn down and redone. Costing a lot more then a simple repair. Keeping up with tuckpointing services is less expensive and can extend the life of your wall.
- How long does tuckpointing last? If a professional did your tuckpointing then your tuckpointing can typically last up to 30 years. However, wetter weather climates can cause serious damage to your masonry walls and will need to be done sooner. If you live in an area such as Skokie (unpredictable, wet weather), you will need to get it done more often. If you live in an area that is mostly dry and warm then it will not need to be done as often.
- How often should you tuckpoint? How often you should tuck point depends on the condition of your mortar. If someone who was inexperienced in tuckpointing did it then you most likely need it done after a couple years. If a professional did your tuckpointing then it can last a long time, if not affected by serious weather conditions.
- What should you do if your mortar has cracks? You should call a professional to have the cracks inspected. Ignoring the cracks will cause more costly problems in the future. Save yourself time and money by getting a professional to help!