The goal of Tuckpointing is to give impression that joints are in good condition, by using two contrasting colors of mortar in the joints between bricks. Before applying new joints, the old ones have to be removed in order to provide a clean substrate. In most cases even well-build masonry wall require tuckpointing every 15 – 20 years (due to the weather conditions).
Licensed and Fully Insured Servicing Chicago and the Surrounding Suburbs.
IL License # 104-012713
If you need more information about our brickwork job – use contact form to get in touch. Or if you want to get a free estimate on next job – use our Online Free Estimate Form.
Tuckpointing Edgebrook, Illnois
Finding a tuckpointing professional you can trust can be difficult in Edgebrook. With Mark’s Tuckpointing you can trust our professionals with any exterior renovation project you might have. No project is too big or too small for us. Our professionals are licensed and insured in Edgebrook, Illinois. You can always expect the utmost customer service with us!
- Honest Prices
- BBB A+ Rating
- Always on time
TUCKPOINTING SERVICES Edgebrook
Have you been noticing cracks in your mortar? Those cracks are signs telling you that you need tuckpointing. It is important to get your tuckpointing repaired because water and moisture can cause the masonry of the walls to break down or deteriorate. Calling a professional to come out to your home or building is the best idea because they have many years of experience in tuck-pointing. We have over 30 years of experience in tuckpointing repair, installation, and replacement services in the Edgebrook and surrounding Chicago area.
BENEFITS OF TUCKPOINTING Edgebrook
- Curb Appeal: When selling your home, make sure your tuckpointing looks great. First impressions are everything when putting your home on the market. Tuckpointing will make your outside brickwork look amazing and give your home or building an unforgettable first impression.
- Weather Proofing: As we already mentioned, living in the Edgebrook area can be a serious issues for concrete. When rain and moisture get into the cracks of your brick or concrete work, which then freezes which will contract the water. When it unfreezes it will cause that frozen water to expand, which will break and crack the concrete. Tuckpointing service will make sure that your brickwork is sealed all around and nothing will be able to get in.
- Insulation Value: Your home could be losing valuable heat and air conditioning due to a bad tuckpointing job. Local tuckpointing services in Edgebrook can help you insulate your home to retain those temperatures easier. You will save over time because your heating and cooling system won’t have to run as much.
Tuckpointing is often something that is forgotten about or pushed to the side to deal with later, but when living in Edgebrook, Illinois it is one of those home services we need! Harsh weather can cause serious damage to your home or building.
“Mark’s Tuckpointing has a great staff that provides free estimates at a reasonable rate. They are willing to work within your time table. My wish is that the Condo Association sees things as I do. They did a great job!”
Scott H. [yelp.com]
“Peter was very helpful throughout the process. Him and his team did a great job tuckpointing and fixing our condo building’s gutter. Their price was reasonable and they did not try to convince us to do additional work (like some contractors did). We were very happy with the quality of their work.”
Julie A. [yelp.com]
- All mortar used for the tuckpointing is a 3:1 mix, (3) parts of fine aggregate “Bank Sand” mixed with (1) part of masonry type “N” cement, (3) trowles of lime, and (3) trowels of Portland cement.
- All mortar used for the bricklaying is a 2:1 mix, Portland and lime mixed with #2 sand aggregate.
- Percentage/square footage of wall areas to be spot-tuckpointed, will be determined by Contractor and specified in the contract
- Contractor is not responsible for settlement cracks and efflorescence forming on brick or mortar, due to moisture retention of the brick.