Tuckpointing Nortbrook, Illinois
When getting your tuckpointing repaired or replaced you should call a professional you can trust. You can trust Mark’s Tuckpointing with all of your tuckpointing services! Our professionals are licensed and insured in Northbrook, Illinois. You can always expect high quality service and the best customer service. We enjoy building strong relationships with our customers and becoming a service they can call time after time.
- Honest prices
- Dependable service
- Free Estimates
- Licensed and certified
Tuckpointing Services Northbrook
If your mortar has started cracking then it should be looked at right away. The cracks are signs that you need tuckpointing repair. It is important to get your tuckpointing repaired immediately because moisture can cause the masonry of the walls to break down and start to deteriorate. Calling a professional is the best option because they have many years of experience in tuckpointing. At Mark’s Tuckpointing we have over 30 years of experience in tuckpointing repair, installation, and replacement services in the Northbrook area. Get your home looking like new with us!
Benefits of Tuckpointing Northbrook
- Weather Proofing: As we already mentioned, living in the Northbrook area can be a serious problem for concrete. Every year during the fall and winter we see it, it will rain or snow and the next day freeze creating a dangerous mess on the roads. However, this also damages concrete more often. Rain and moisture get into the cracks of your brick or concrete work, which then freezes which will contract the water. When it unfreezes it will cause that frozen water to expand, which will break and crack the concrete. Tuckpointing service will make sure that your brickwork is sealed on the sides, tops, and bottoms, preventing water from getting in.
- Curb Appeal: First impressions are important when putting your home on the market. Realtors will tell you that outside presentation of your home can raise the purchase value of your home. Tuckpointing will make your outside brickwork look amazing and give your home or building an unforgettable first impression.
- Structural Integrity: While tuckpointing isn’t going to make your house collapse, new tuckpointing will add structural integrity to your building. It will protect the brickwork from the added stress helping keep the bricks from being compacted.
- Insulation Value: Your home could be losing valuable heat and air conditioning because of bad tuckpointing. Local tuckpointing services in Northbrook can help you insulate your home to retain those temperatures easier. You will save over time because your heating and cooling system won’t have to run as much.
- Tuckpointing is something many people forget about, but when living in Northbrook, Illinois it is one of those home services we need! That’s because the harsh weather that Northbrook has (often times in the same week!) that can cause serious damage on the masonry work of the outside of your home or building. Here are a few ways tuckpointing can help you:
Tuckpointing is really easy to understand, think of tuckpointing between your bricks, like the grout line in between your tiles. Your grout line protects your drywall from getting wet, gathering moisture, cracking, falling apart, and insulates the wall. That is all the benefits of your tuckpointing.
Common Tuckpointing Questions:
- How long does tuckpointing last? If your tuckpointing was replaced by a professional then it can last up to 30 years! However, wetter weather climates can cause serious damage to your masonry walls and will need to be done sooner. If you live in an area such as Northbrook (unpredictable, wet weather), you will need to get it done more often. If you live in an area that is mostly dry and warm then it will not need to be done as often.
- Why do you need tuckpointing? If you repair your tuckpointing when necessary you will save yourself a lot of money. If you wait to long and your masonry wall starts to deteriorate then it typically needs to be torn down and replaced. Keeping up with tuckpointing services is less expensive and can extend the life of your wall.
- How often should you tuckpoint? How often you should tuckpoint depends on the condition of your mortar. If someone who was inexperienced in tuckpointing did it then it most likely needs to be fixed in a couple years. If a professional did your tuckpointing then it can last a long time, if not affected by serious weather conditions.
- What should you do with cracked mortar? You should call a professional to have it inspected. Ignoring the cracks will cause costly problems in the future.