Tuckpointing North Shore, Illinois
Looking for the best tuckpointing service in the North Shore area? Mark’s Tuckpointing can get you started! Our professionals are licensed and insured in North Shore. With us you can always expect high quality work and excellent customer service. We enjoy building strong relationships with our customers and becoming a service they can trust and rely on.
- Quality Work
- On-time delivery
- Estimates are always FREE
- Fully licensed and Insured
Tuckpointing Services North Shore
Has the mortar in your brick or concrete walls been starting to crack? The cracks are signs that you need tuckpointing repair. It is important to get your tuckpointing repaired immediately because moisture can cause the masonry of the stone or brick walls to start to break down and deteriorate. Calling a professional is the best option because they specialize in all tuckpointing services. At Mark’s Tuckpointing we have over 30 years of experience in tuckpointing repair, installation, and replacement services in the North Shore area. After working with us your home will be looking better than ever!
Benefits of Tuckpointing North Shore
Tuckpointing is something not many people think about or knows about, however, living in North Shore, Illinois it is one of those home services we need! That is because of the crazy weather that North Shore has (often times in the same week!) that can cause serious damage on the masonry work of the outside of your home or building. Here are just a few ways that having great tuckpointing can help you:
- Structural Integrity: While tuckpointing isn’t going to make your house collapse, new tuckpointing will add structural integrity to your building. It will protect the brickwork from the added stress helping keep the bricks from being compacted.
- Curb Appeal: The outside presentation of your home can raise the value of your home when trying to sell it. Tuckpointing will make your outside brickwork look amazing and give your home or building an unforgettable first impression, helping you sell your home or building faster.
- Weather Proofing: As we already mentioned, living in the North Shore area can be quite terrible for concrete. Every year during the fall we see it, it will rain or snow and the next day freeze creating a slippery mess all over the city. However, this also damages concrete more often. Rain and water get into the cracks of your brick or concrete work, which then freezes which will contract the water. When it unfreezes it will cause that frozen water to expand, which will break and crack the concrete.
- Tuckpointing service will make sure that your brickwork is sealed on the sides, tops, and bottoms, preventing water from getting in. This prevents further cracks from forming in the future.
- Insulation Value: Your home could be losing valuable heat and air conditioning because of bad tuckpointing. Local tuckpointing services in North Shore can help you insulate your home to retain those temperatures easier. This will actually cause your system to run less which saves you money over time.
Tuckpointing is really easy to understand, think of tuckpointing between your bricks, like the grout line in between your tiles. Your grout line protects your drywall from getting wet, gathering moisture, cracking, falling apart, and insulates the wall. That is all the benefits of your tuckpointing.
Common Tuckpointing Questions:
How often should you tuckpoint? How often you should tuck point depends on the condition of your mortar. If someone who was inexperienced in tuckpointing did it then you most likely need it done after a couple years. If a professional did your tuckpointing then it can last a long time, if not affected by serious weather conditions.
What should you do if your mortar has cracks? You should call a professional to have it inspected. Ignoring the cracks will cause more costly problems in the future.
Why do you need tuckpointing? If you repair your tuckpointing when needed you will save yourself a lot of money. If you wait to long and your masonry wall starts to deteriorate then it typically needs to be torn down and redone. Keeping up with tuckpointing services is less expensive and can extend the life of your wall.
How long can tuckpointing last? If a professional did your tuckpointing then your tuckpointing can last up to 30 years. However, wetter weather climates can cause serious damage to your masonry walls and will need to be done sooner. If you live in an area such as North Shore (unpredictable, wet weather), you will need to get it done more often. If you live in an area that is mostly dry and warm then it will not need to be done as often.