Tuckpointing Norridge, Illinois
Do you need your tuckpointing repaired? Mark’s Tuckpointing can get you started on your next tuckpointing repair today! Our professionals are fully licensed and insured in Norridge, Illinois. With us you can always expect high quality work and excellent customer service. We enjoy building strong relationships with our customers.
What you can expect from us:
- FREE Estimates
- Fully Licensed
- Quality Service
- BBB A+ Rating
Tuckpointing Services Norridge
Cracks in your mortar are signs that your home needs tuckpointing repairs. Calling a professional is the best choice because they have many years of experience in tuckpointing. At Mark’s Tuckpointing we have over 30 years of experience in tuckpointing repair, installation, and replacement services throughout the Norridge area. We provide quality service and leave your home looking great.
Benefits of Tuckpointing in Norridge
Tuckpointing is a service that people tend to forget about, however, living in Norridge, Illinois it is one of those home services we need! That is because of the crazy weather that Norridge has that can wreak havoc on the masonry work of the outside of your home or building. Here are just a few ways that having professional tuckpointing can help you:
- Curb Appeal: Realtors will tell you that outside presentation of your home can raise the purchase value of your home. Tuckpointing will make your outside brickwork look amazing and give your home or building a better facade which will help sell your home or building faster and can fetch a higher price.
- Insulation Value: Your home could be losing valuable heat and air conditioning because of bad tuckpointing. Local tuckpointing services in Norridge an help you insulate your home to retain those temperatures easier. This will actually cause your system to run less which saves you money over time.
- Weather Proofing: As we already mentioned, living in Norridge is actually terrible for concrete. Every year during the fall we see it, it will rain or snow and the next day freeze creating ice problems all over the city. However, this also damages concrete more often. Rain and water get into the cracks of your brick or concrete work, which then freezes which will contract the water. However when it unfreezes it will cause that frozen water to expand which will break and crack the concrete. Tuckpointing services will make sure that your brickwork is sealed on the sides, tops, and bottoms, preventing water from getting in. This prevents further cracks forming in the future.
- Structural Integrity: While tuckpointing isn’t going to make your house collapse, new tuckpointing will add structural integrity to your building. It will protect the brickwork from the added stress helping keep the bricks from being compacted
Tuckpointing can be really easy to understand, think of tuckpointing between your bricks, like the grout line in between your tiles. Your grout line protects your drywall from getting wet, gathering moisture, cracking, falling apart, and insulates the wall. That is all the benefits of your tuckpointing.
Common Tuckpointing Questions:
- What should you do if your mortar has cracks? You should call a professional to have it inspected. Ignoring the cracks will cause more costly problems in the future.
- How often should you tuckpoint? How often you should tuck point depends on the condition of your mortar. If someone who was inexperienced in tuckpointing did it then you most likely need it done after a couple years. If a professional did your tuckpointing then it can last a long time, if not affected by serious weather conditions.
- How long does tuckpointing last? If a professional did your tuckpointing then your tuckpointing can last up to 30 years. However, wetter weather climates can cause serious damage to your masonry walls and will need to be done sooner. If you live in an area such as Norridge (unpredictable, wet weather), you will need to get it done more often. If you live in an area that is mostly dry and warm then it will not need to be done as often.
- Why do you need tuckpointing? If you repair your tuckpointing when needed you will save yourself a lot of money. If you wait to long and your masonry wall starts to deteriorate then it typically needs to be torn down and redone. Keeping up with tuckpointing services is less expensive and can extend the life of your wall.