Mark’s Tuckpointing Northbrook
Mark’s Tuckpointing is the number one tuckpointing and remodeling company in Northbrook, Illinois. We have been working in Northbrook for over 30 years. Our professionals are are highly trained, licensed and certified. We guarantee affordable prices, on-time delivery and an excellent finished product. We specialize in many services: tuckpointing, masonry, brickwork, roofing, gutters, siding, chimney repair, painting, and so much more. If you have any questions, contact us today. We will be glad to answer any questions you might have. We can provide you with a free estimate and consultation, or discuss what’s possible!
Why Choose Us!
- 30 Years of Experience
- BBB A+ Rating
- Licensed and Fully Insured
- FREE Estimates
- Excellent Customer Service
Are you interested in using our services at Mark’s Tuckpointing? Fill out our form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible!
Tuckpointing is a common service that most homeowners forget about. However, tuckpointing is important in giving a great first impression when others enter your home. It is also important because it will keep your masonry in great shape and prevent needing expensive structural repairs in the future. As long as you keep up with your tuckpointing, it shouldn’t need to be repaired for about 15-20 years, depending on weather conditions. Calling a professional is the best choice because they have the skills, knowledge, and experience in tuckpointing. At Mark’s Tuckpointing we have over 30 years of experience in tuckpointing repair, installation, and replacement service in the Northbrook area. We provide quality service and leave your home looking great!
BENEFITS OF TUCKPOINTING IN NORTHBROOK
Tuckpointing is one of those home services that no one knows or thinks about, however, living in Northbrook, Illinois it is one of those home services we need! That is because of the crazy weather that Northbrook has (often times in the same week!) that can wreak havoc on the masonry work of the outside of your home or building. Here are just a few ways that having excellent tuckpointing can help you:
- Curb Appeal: Realtors will tell you that outside presentation of your home can raise the purchase value of your home. Tuckpointing will make your outside brickwork look amazing and give your home or building a better facade which will help sell your home or building faster and can fetch a higher price.
- Insulation Value: Your home could be losing valuable heat and air conditioning because of bad tuckpointing. Local tuckpointing services in Northbrook an help you insulate your home to retain those temperatures easier. This will actually cause your system to run less which saves you money over time.
- Structural Integrity: While tuckpointing isn’t going to make your house collapse, new tuckpointing will add structural integrity to your building. It will protect the brickwork from the added stress helping keep the bricks from being compacted.
- Weather Proofing: As we already mentioned, living in Northbrook is actually terrible for concrete. Every year during the fall we see it, it will rain or snow and the next day freeze creating ice problems all over the city. However, this also damages concrete more often. Rain and water get into the cracks of your brick or concrete work, which then freezes which will contract the water. However when it unfreezes it will cause that frozen water to expand which will break and crack the concrete. Tuckpointing services will make sure that your brickwork is sealed on the sides, tops, and bottoms, preventing water from getting in. This prevents further cracks forming in the future.
COMMON TUCKPOINTING QUESTIONS:
- What should you do if your mortar has cracks? You should call a professional to have it inspected. Ignoring the cracks will cause more costly problems in the future.
- How long does tuckpointing last? If a professional did your tuckpointing then your tuckpointing can last up to 30 years. However, wetter weather climates can cause serious damage to your masonry walls and will need to be done sooner. If you live in an area such as Northbrook (unpredictable, wet weather), you will need to get it done more often. If you live in an area that is mostly dry and warm then it will not need to be done as often.
- Why do you need tuckpointing? If you repair your tuckpointing when needed you will save yourself a lot of money. If you wait to long and your masonry wall starts to deteriorate then it typically needs to be torn down and redone. Keeping up with tuckpointing services is less expensive and can extend the life of your wall.
- How often should you tuckpoint? How often you should tuck point depends on the condition of your mortar. If someone who was inexperienced in tuckpointing did it then you most likely need it done after a couple years. If a professional did your tuckpointing then it can last a long time, if not affected by serious weather conditions.
Contact us today for a FREE estimate!
Mark’s Tuckpointing specializes in lintel replacement service in Arlington Heights, Illinois. A lintel is the steel supporting the masonry surrounding the windows and doors on a home. If you have any problems with your lintel call our professionals as soon as you can. We can come to your home, inspect your lintels and discuss the […]
Concrete Services Keep your concrete walkway and front steps in excellent condition for a great first impression when visitors arrive to your home in Arlington Heights, Illinois. If your front walkway needs repairs or an upgrade contact the professionals at Mark’s Tuckpointing. Our professionals are highly trained and certified in concrete walkways and steps. We […]
DecksDoes your backyard have a deck? A deck is a great addition to your home in Arlington Heights. For most homeowners a deck is what completes a home. Decks are functional and visually appealing. If you are looking for a professional to install a new deck, call Mark’s Tuckpointing. Our professionals are experts in deck […]
Gutters, Soffits & Fascia Gutters keep your home protected from rain, protect your roof and foundation, and keeps the rain from leaking inside. Gutters in Chicago, Illinois are very easy to get clogged by leaves and dirt from storms and trees surrounding your property. Gutters need to be repaired as soon as you find a […]