Brickwork Park Ridge
Maintaining brickwork is important in order to keep the structure nice! If you do not remember the last time you looked at your brick walls on your home in Park Ridge, then it’s probably time. Brickwork can last many years before it needs to be repaired or replaced. However, if your brickwork is starting to become loose on your building, call Mark’s Tuckpointing. It’s important to make the necessary repairs to keep structure of your building in great condition. We have several years of experience in repairing, correcting, restoring and improving masonry in Park Ridge, Illinois. We can get your brickwork looking almost new again.
- Licensed & Insured
- Free Estimates
- A+ BBB Rating
Brickwork Repair Park Ridge
Brickwork on buildings in Park Ridge can last up to 100 years. One of the best things you can do is keep up with proper maintenance and repairs on your brick building to keep it lasting for many years to come. If you get your brickwork repaired when it needs repairing then you will help keep the building in good condition and prolong the life of your building. Maintenance is also extremely important because and will help prolong the life of your building because it helps prevent damages from occurring. Below are a few things that will help prolong the life of your brickwork.
- Environment – Living in an environment such as Park Ridge, Illinois with lots of rain storms and constant weather changes can have a huge impact on your brickwork. If you live in an area with less storms and more consistent weather than your brickwork can last longer.
- Quality of work – The quality of work plays a huge role in prolonging the lifespan of your brickwork. The better constructed it is, the better it will last and need less maintenance.
- Maintenance – proper maintenance such as, repairs or replacement is highly beneficial. The sooner you have your brickwork repaired or replaced the less likely it is to cause more issues in the future.
- Layout – The layout of the structure is important. If it is designed properly then it will be able to withstand things like, weather, environment, etc.
Restoring Brickwork Park Ridge
Are your brick walls starting to become damaged? If so, they need to be restored as soon as possible in order to keep the structure in good condition. If the mortar on your brickwork is starting to break, it is a sign that your brickwork needs to be restored. It is common for brickwork to need restoring after a few years if it is exposed to a lot of moisture or from storms in Park Ridge. Once it is restored you won’t even be able to tell that it used to have problems. If you do not have any experience in restoring brickwork, contact your local tuckpointing service. At Mark’s Tuckpointing our professionals have the skills, knowledge and experience to restore your brickwork. If you decide to restore your brickwork yourself there are a few steps you should follow:
- Be Prepared – make sure to have all tools ready before you start the restoration project. You do not want to get started and realize you don’t have everything you will need.
- Know what brickwork you have – it’s always good to research what type of brick you have in order to know what you are working with. In order to restore your brickwork properly you will need to know what kind of brick it is in order to restore it correctly.
- Clean the masonry – You should always clean the masonry before you start any projects on your brickwork.
- Test the products – test your products and see if the chemicals are okay to use on your brickwork. Try testing your products in a small and hidden spot incase your bricks change to unwanted and dull colors.
Brickwork Maintenance Park Ridge
Maintaing your brickwork is necessary to prevent problems from happening to your building in the future, such as cracking mortar, damages to the structure or keeping it in clean condition. Keeping your brickwork maintained in Park Ridge will keep your home’s exterior looking nice. If you end up putting your house on the market then it will have a better chance of selling if it was taken care of. Here are some tips you should follow in order to keep your brickwork properly maintained and clean:
- Water Damage – It is common for bricks and mortar to ware from rainfall over the years in Park Ridge. Once you notice water damage on your bricks or mortar it is important to have it repaired right away. The sooner you have repairs done the less likely you are to have problems in the future.
- Prevent moss – prevent moss from growing on your brick building by spraying weed killer on it. Make sure to follow the directions and safety guidelines of the weed killer.
- Cleaning – Cleaning your bricks and mortar is important. When cleaning them, take a garden hose and bristle brush and scrub the dirt away. For the extremely dirty spots you can use a solution mixed in water in a bucket. If you use the solution then make sure to wear goggles and safety gloves!
- Repoint – When the mortar becomes soft or starts cracking, it is time to have your brickwork repointed. Older homes in Park Ridge will have to have their mortar repointed more often than newer homes.