When was the last time you looked at the brickwork on your house in Northbrook? Brickwork can last many years before it needs to be repaired or replaced. However, if your brickwork is starting to become loose on your building, call Mark’s Tuckpointing. It’s important to make the necessary repairs to keep structure of your building in great condition. We have several years of experience in repairing, correcting, restoring and improving masonry in Northbrook, Illinois. We can get your brickwork looking almost new again.
- 30 Years of Experience
- Licensed & Insured
- Free Estimates
Brickwork Repair Northbrook
Brickwork on buildings in Northbrook can last up to 100 years. One of the best things you can do is keep up with proper maintenance and repairs on your brick building. If you get your brickwork repaired when it needs repairing then you will help keep the building in good condition and prolong the life of your building. Maintenance is also extremely important because and will help prolong the life of your building because it helps prevent damages from occurring. Below are a few things that will help prolong the life of your brickwork.
- Quality of work – The quality of work plays a huge role in prolonging the lifespan of your brickwork. The better constructed it is, the better it will last and need less maintenance.
- Layout – The layout of the structure is important. If it is designed properly then it will be able to withstand things like, weather, environment, etc.
- Maintenance – proper maintenance such as, repairs or replacement is highly beneficial. The sooner you have your brickwork repaired or replaced the less likely it is to cause more issues in the future.
- Environment – Living in an environment with lots of heavy storms and up and down temperatures plays a huge role in keeping your brickwork in excellent condition. If you live in an area that does not have many storms or extreme weather changes then it will last longer.
Restoring Brickwork Northbrook
Are your brick walls starting to chip, break or crack? If so, it needs to be restored as soon as possible in order to keep the structure in good condition. If the mortar on your brickwork is starting to break, it is a sign that your brickwork needs to be restored. It is common for brickwork to need restoring after a few years if it is exposed to a lot of moisture or from storms in Northbrook. Once it is restored you won’t even be able to tell that it used to have problems. If you do not have any experience in restoring brickwork, contact your local tuckpointing service. At Mark’s Tuckpointing our professionals have the skills, knowledge and experience to restore your brickwork. If you decide to restore your brickwork yourself there are a few steps you should follow:
Prepare tools – make sure to have all the proper equipment before you start working on your next restoring project. You do not want to get started and realize you don’t have everything you will need.
Know what type of brickwork you have – look up what kind of brickwork your home is made out of. In order to restore your brickwork properly you will need to know what kind of brick it is in order to restore it correctly.
Clean the masonry – clean the masonry awhile before you start any projects with your brickwork.
Check your products – test your products and see if the chemicals are okay to use on your brickwork. Try testing your products in a small and hidden spot incase your bricks change to unwanted and dull colors.
Brickwork Maintenance Northbrook
Brickwork maintenance is necessary in preventing problems from happening to your building in the future, such as cracks in mortar, damages to the structure or keeping it in clean condition. Keeping your brickwork maintained in Northbrook will keep your home’s exterior looking nice. If you end up putting your house on the market then it will have a better chance of selling if it was taken care of. Here are some tips you should follow in order to keep your brickwork properly maintained and clean:
- Water Damage – It is common for bricks and mortar to ware down from heavy amounts of rainfall over the years in Northbrook. Once you notice water damage on your bricks or mortar it is important to have it repaired right away. The sooner you have repairs done the less likely you are to have problems in the future.
- Repoint – When the mortar becomes soft or starts cracking, it is time to have your brickwork repointed. Older homes in Northbrook will have to have their mortar repointed more often than newer homes.
- Cleaning – Cleaning your bricks and mortar is important. When cleaning them, take a garden hose and bristle brush and scrub the dirt away. For the extremely dirty spots you can use a solution mixed in water in a bucket. If you use the solution then make sure to wear goggles and safety gloves!
- Prevent moss – prevent moss from growing on your brick building by spraying weed killer on it. Make sure to follow the directions and safety guidelines of the weed killer.