Brickwork Contractors Harwood Heights
If your brickwork is starting to become loose on your building, call Mark’s Tuckpointing! Our professionals can inspect, repair or replace your brickwork. It’s important to make the necessary repairs to keep the structure of your building in great condition. We have several years of experience in repairing, correcting, restoring and improving masonry throughout the Harwood Heights and Chicago area. Let our team get your home or business’s brickwork looking new again!
We Are Proud Of:
- Free Written Estimates on all brick & masonry projects
- Over 30 Years of Experience
- Licensed, Bonded & Insured Professionals
- 4.6 star rating on Google
Brickwork Harwood Heights
Brickwork on homes and buildings in the Harwood Heights neighborhood can last up to 100 years. One of the best things you can do for your brickwork is maintain it regularly. If you get your brickwork repaired when it needs repairing then you will help keep the building in good condition and prolong the life of the bricks. Maintenance is extremely important because and will help prolong the life of your building because it helps prevent damages from occurring. Below are a few things that will help prolong the life of your brickwork.
- Layout – The layout of the structure is important. If it is designed properly then it will be able to withstand things like, weather, environment, etc.
- Quality of work – The quality of work plays a huge role in prolonging the lifespan of your brickwork. The better constructed it is, the better it will last and need less maintenance.
- Maintenance – proper maintenance such as, repairs or replacement is highly beneficial. The sooner you have your brickwork repaired or replaced the less likely it is to cause more issues in the future.
Brickwork Restoration Harwood Heights
Are your brick walls starting to crack? If so, it needs to be restored as soon as possible. If the mortar on your brickwork is starting to break, it is a sign that your brickwork needs to be restored. It is common for brickwork to need restoring after a few years if it is exposed to a lot of storms in Harwood Heights. Once it is restored you won’t even be able to tell that it used to have problems. If you do not have any experience in restoring brickwork, contact your local tuckpointing service. At Mark’s Tuckpointing & Remodeling Inc. our professionals have the skills, knowledge and experience to restore your brickwork.
Brickwork Maintenance Service Harwood Heights
Maintaining your brickwork is necessary so you can help prevent problems from happening to your building in the future, such as cracking mortar, damages to the structure or keeping it clean. Keeping your brickwork maintained in the Chicago area will keep your home’s exterior looking nice. If you end up putting your house on the market then it will have a better chance of selling if it was taken care of. Here are some tips you should follow in order to keep your brickwork properly maintained and clean:
- Water Damage – It is common for bricks and mortar to ware from rainfall over the years in Harwood Heights. Once you notice water damage on your bricks or mortar it is important to have it repaired right away. The sooner you have repairs done the less likely you are to have problems in the future.
- Repoint – When the mortar becomes soft or starts cracking, it is time to have your brickwork repointed. Older homes in Chicago and Harwood Heights will have to have their mortar repointed more often than newer homes.
- Cleaning – Cleaning your bricks and mortar is important. When cleaning them, take a garden hose and bristle brush and scrub the dirt away. For the extremely dirty spots you can use a solution mixed in water in a bucket. If you use the solution then make sure to wear goggles and safety gloves!
- Prevent moss – prevent moss from growing on your brick building by spraying weed killer on it. Make sure to follow the directions and safety guidelines of the weed killer.