Tuckpointing Arlington Heights, Illinois
If you’re thinking about getting your tuckpointing repaired or replaced, contact the professionals at Mark’s Tuckpointing to help get you started! Our professionals are licensed and insured in Arlington Heights, Illinois. With us you can always expect high quality work and excellent customer service. We enjoy building long lasting strong relationships with our customers and becoming a service they can trust and rely on.
- BBB A+ Rating
- Fully Licensed & Insured
- Quality Service
- Honest Price
Tuckpointing Services Arlington Heights
Are you dealing with noticable cracks in your mortar? The cracks are telling you to get your tuckpointing reapired. It is important to get your tuckpointing taken care of before moisture causes the masonry of the stone or brick walls to start to break down and deteriorate. Calling a professional is the best choice because they have the skills, knowledge, and experience in tuckpointing. At Mark’s Tuckpointing we have over 30 years of experience in tuckpointing repair, installation, and replacement services in the Arlington Heights area. We provide quality service and leave your home looking great.
Benefits of Tuckpointing in Arlington Heights
Out-of-sight, out-of-mind. Tuckpointing is one of those home services that many home owners don’t know about or thinks about, however, living in Arlington Heights, Illinois it is one of the home services that needs to be taken care of. That is because of the crazy weather that Arlington Heights has that can wreak havoc on the masonry work of the outside of your home or building. Here are just a few benefits that having great tuckpointing can help you:
- Insulation Value: Your home could be losing valuable heat and air conditioning because of bad tuckpointing. Local tuckpointing services in Arlington Heights an help you insulate your home to retain those temperatures easier. This will actually cause your system to run less which saves you money over time.
- Curb Appeal: Realtors will tell you that outside presentation of your home can raise the purchase value of your home. Tuckpointing will make your outside brickwork look amazing and give your home or building a better facade which will help sell your home or building faster and can fetch a higher price.
- Weather Proofing: As we already mentioned, living in Arlington Heights is actually terrible for concrete. Every year during the fall we see it, it will rain or snow and the next day freeze creating ice problems all over the city. However, this also damages concrete more often. Rain and water get into the cracks of your brick or concrete work, which then freezes which will contract the water. However when it unfreezes it will cause that frozen water to expand which will break and crack the concrete. Tuckpointing services will make sure that your brickwork is sealed on the sides, tops, and bottoms, preventing water from getting in. This prevents further cracks forming in the future.
- Structural Integrity: While tuckpointing isn’t going to make your house collapse, new tuckpointing will add structural integrity to your building. It will protect the brickwork from the added stress helping keep the bricks from being compacted.
Tuckpointing is actually very simple to understand, think of tuckpointing between your bricks, like the grout line in between your tiles. Your grout line protects your drywall from getting wet, gathering moisture, cracking, falling apart, and insulates the wall. That is all the benefits of your tuckpointing.
Common Tuckpointing Questions:
- What should you do if your mortar has lots of cracks? You should call a professional to have it inspected. Ignoring the cracks will cause more costly problems in the future.
- Why do you need to tuckpoint? If you repair your tuckpointing when needed you will save yourself a lot of money. If you wait to long and your masonry wall starts to deteriorate then it typically needs to be torn down and redone. Keeping up with tuckpointing services is less expensive and can extend the life of your wall.
- How long can tuckpointing last? If a professional did your tuckpointing then your tuckpointing can last up to 30 years. However, wetter weather climates can cause serious damage to your masonry walls and will need to be done sooner. If you live in an area such as Arlington Heights (unpredictable, wet weather), you will need to get it done more often. If you live in an area that is mostly dry and warm then it will not need to be done as often.
- How often should you tuckpoint? How often you should tuck point depends on the condition of your mortar. If someone who was inexperienced in tuckpointing did it then you most likely need it done after a couple years. If a professional did your tuckpointing then it can last a long time, if not affected by serious weather conditions.