Does your backyard have a deck? A deck is a great addition to your home in Arlington Heights. For most homeowners a deck is what completes a home. Decks are functional and visually appealing. If you are looking for a professional to install a new deck, call Mark’s Tuckpointing. Our professionals are experts in deck services and can help you get the look you have been waiting for. A deck installation is not usually a long process once everything is prepped!
- Licensed & Insured
- BBB A+ Ratings
- Dependable Service
- Free Estimates
Read below to learn more about decks and how they can benefit you as a homeowner today!
Benefits of Deck Installation
As a homeowner in Arlington Heights, Illinois you should be proud to show off your beautiful yard to others. If you don’t have a deck and are thinking about getting one, there are many benefits. With a deck you will have a more functional space to use when family and friends come over. A deck is a great place to hang out, grill and spend time together. Some of the benefits to having a deck are:
- Entertaining Guests- When it is nice out, everyone wants to spend time outside. During nice weather you deck is where most people seem to gather. Decks have lots of space and functionality to enjoy a number of different things.
- Investment- The amount of money you put into your new deck will be worth it. When it comes time to sell your home in Arlington Heights, buyers will love seeing the finished outdoor space you have created.
- Visual Appearance- Decks give your home a finished and polished look. A homeowner deserves to walk out of their backdoor onto a beautiful finished deck. Designing it to match your home will make it visually appealing to all who come to your home.
Fill out our form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Types of Decks
When choosing the right material for your new deck, it is important to keep location in mind. If you have a lot of weather changes then you should lean towards a deck that is durable and little maintenance. At Mark’s Tuckpointing we have several different options you can choose from. We can help you choose the best type for your outdoor space. Below are a few common deck materials:
- Cedar- Cedar decks are beautiful and have several natural tones. Cedar is a classic look that will never go out of style. Not only is this deck beautiful, but it is extremely durable and environmentally friendly as well.
- Composite- Composite decks are a combination of wood and plastic. There are solid and hollow options for a composite deck. The hollow option is more plastic looking and the solid option has a more natural look. These are great options if you want minimal maintenance. You do not have to re-stain these decks because the color does not fade and they are easy to clean.
- Treated- Treated decks are extremely durable. It gives you a traditional and personalized look.
- EverGrain- EverGrain looks similar to wood but is not real wood. This deck is long-lasting, easy to maintain and will not rot.
Things To Consider When Building A New Deck
It is important to go over all of your options when you are deciding on a specific deck for your home. When choosing a deck there are actually a lot of things to consider. You need to choose the style, material and add-on features for your deck. Add-on features will make your deck fully functional for your outdoor space. it is important to keep in mind:
- Color- When choosing a color for your deck, you don’t always have to choose wood brown. You can choose a nice stain that will compliment your home.
- Levels- If you want to add more space to your outdoor space, consider creating more levels on your deck. It can also help to break up long and steep stairs.
- Materials- Choosing the right material for your deck is very important. If you want something that is easy to maintain or lasts for many years to come, do your research. You want to invest on a material that will last for you and your home and last in the weather conditions you live in.
- Railings- Railings are a great add on for safety and can be visually appealing. If you want a more open view of your deck then consider not using railings at all.