Mark’s Tuckpointing specializes in lintel replacement service in Chicago, Illinois. A lintel is the steel supporting the masonry surrounding the windows and doors on a home. If you have any issues with your lintel call our team right away. We can come to your home, inspect your lintels and discuss the next steps if your home needs lintel repair or replacement. Mark’s Tuckpointing has over 29 years of experience in lintel replacement. If you have any questions about whether you need a lintel replacement or would like to schedule a free estimate, contact us at 773-831-4444.
Proud of Our:
- Free Estimates
- Licensed & Insured Employees
- BBB A+ Rating
- 29+ Years of Experience
- Exceptional Customer Service
Fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Masonry is supported by lintels above wall openings, like doors and windows. Usually it’s made of steel angles, channels, beams, etc. Lintels needs replacing when there is corrosion on the steel parts. Corrosion can expand and be harmful for masonry because of the extremely heavy weight and force on the wall. The weight can cause cracking and movements. Lintels should be straight and leveled with no large gaps in between. One reason why you might need your lintels replaced in Chicago is because of the significant amounts of humidity, rainfall, and cold winters. Make sure to inspect your lintel every so often and make repairs when needed. Repairing small issues right away will save you lots of costly repairs or lintel replacement in the future.
Signs You Need Lintal Replacement
- Cracks In Mortar- If you see cracks in the upper corners of the windows or doors of your house, this is a sign you need your lintels repaired.
- Mortar Line Cracks- If you see cracks or displaced bricks or stone in your wall then you most likely need a lintel replacement.
Lintel Repair Chicago
Lintels need to be handled with caution after big storms or cold winters. Steel lintels can become damaged quickly causing damage to the masonry walls around your windows and doors. This can happen due to lintel corrosion. Lintels take a hit every year with the cold and wet winters, which causes the lintel to start corroding. If your lintel in Chicago has corrosion, it is important to get it repaired right away. Lintel repair can help prevent the masonry from cracking or breaking off of your home. Have a local professional come out to your home every few years to inspect your lintels. Routine inspections will ensure that your lintels are maintained and help prolong their life. If you are unsure of who to contact for your lintels, contact Mark’s Tuckpointing! Our professionals will repair or replace your lintel if needed at an affordable cost. You can trust our team to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Professional Inspection- If you are unsure if you need your lintels repaired, contact a professional. A professional has years of experience and knows exactly what to look for.
- Properly Maintain Lintels- Keep the weep tubes cleaned and replace any clogged ones.
- Lintel Repair- If you have any cracks in the masonry near the corners or edges of your windows or doors, repair them right away.
- Lintel Replacement- Have your lintel replaced as soon as possible if it needs replacing. If you wait to long you will have a lot more damage to deal with such as, structural damage, which can be extremely expensive.