Brickwork Arlington Heights
Ever wonder how many years brickwork can last on your home? Brickwork can last up to 100 years before it needs to be repaired or replaced. However, if your brickwork is starting to become loose on your building, call Mark’s Tuckpointing. Mark’s Tuckpointing can help with all of your brickwork repairs or restoration projects in Arlington Heights. It’s important to make the necessary repairs to keep the structure of your building in pristine condition. We have several years of experience in repairing, correcting, restoring and improving masonry in Arlington Heights, Illinois. We can get your brickwork looking almost new again.
- 30 Years of Experience
- Fully Licensed & Insured
- Free Estimates
Brickwork Repair Arlington Heights
One of the best things you can do is keep up with proper maintenance and repairs on your home. If you get your brickwork repaired when it needs repairing then you will help keep the building in good condition and prolong the life of your building. Maintenance is also extremely important because and will help prolong the life of your building because it helps prevent damages from occurring. Below are a few things that will help prolong the life of your brickwork.
- Maintenance – repairs or replacement is highly beneficial when maintaining your bricks. The sooner you have your brickwork repaired, repointed or replaced the less issues you will have in the future.
- Weather – Living in an environment with lots of heavy storms and weather changes can have a huge impact on your brickwork. If you live in an area that does not have many storms or extreme weather changes then it will last longer.
- Quality – The quality of work plays a huge role in prolonging the lifespan of your brickwork. The better constructed it is, the better it will last and need less maintenance.
- Layout – The layout of the structure is important. If it is designed properly then it will be able to withstand things like, weather, environment, etc.
Brickwork Maintenance Arlington Heights
Maintaing your brickwork is necessary to prevent problems from happening to your building in the future, such as cracking mortar, damages to the structure or keeping it in clean condition. Keeping your brickwork maintained in Arlington Heights will keep your home’s exterior looking nice. If you end up putting your house on the market then it will have a better chance of selling if it was taken care of. Here are some tips you should follow in order to keep your brickwork properly maintained and clean:
- Water Damage – It is common for bricks and mortar to ware from rainfall over the years in Arlington Heights. Once you notice water damage on your bricks or mortar it is important to have it repaired right away. The sooner you have repairs done the less likely you are to have problems in the future.
- Repointing – When the mortar becomes soft or starts cracking, it is time to have your brickwork repointed. Older homes in Arlington Heights will have to have their mortar repointed more often than newer homes.
- Cleaning – Cleaning your bricks and mortar is important. When cleaning them, take a garden hose and bristle brush and scrub the dirt away. For the extremely dirty spots you can use a solution mixed in water in a bucket. If you use the solution then make sure to wear goggles and safety gloves!
- Moss prevention – prevent moss from growing on your brick building by spraying weed killer on it. Make sure to follow the directions and safety guidelines of the weed killer.
Restoring Brickwork Arlington Heights
Are your brick walls starting to chip, break or crack? If so, it needs to be restored as soon as possible in order to keep the structure in good condition. If the mortar on your brickwork is starting to break, it is a sign that your brickwork needs to be restored. It is common for brickwork to need restoring after a few years if it is exposed to a lot of moisture or from storms in Arlington Heights. Once it is restored you won’t even be able to tell that it used to have problems. If you do not have any experience in restoring brickwork, contact your local tuckpointing service. At Mark’s Tuckpointing our professionals have the skills, knowledge and experience to restore your brickwork. If you decide to restore your brickwork yourself there are a few steps you should follow:
- Prepare tools – check to see if you have all tools before you start. You do not want to get started and realize you don’t have everything you will need.
- Know your brick type – look up what kind of brick your home is made out of before you start any brickwork projects. In order to restore your brickwork properly you will need to know what kind of brick it is in order to restore it correctly.
- Clean the masonry – clean the masonry well before you start any projects with your brickwork.
- Check your products – test your products on a small spot on a brick first to see what kind of reaction it gets. Sometimes the chemicals can change your bricks to faded or tinted looking colors.